Thursday, May 13, 2010


As a graphic design student and a person who has grown up around images and art. I find that the art in the article A World Springs to Life on an Urban Wall to be unique, but has roots that go back to the 60's and 70's. As I looked at the art even closer I had noticed that it reminded me of the art work in many of The Beatle's movies. I personally enjoy art like this, I feel it is left to interpretation and filled with many colors to brighten up the grim and dark world that we seem to put ourselves in. Although I do not believe the art work is unique, I believe the message that it is getting across is a well needed reminder to the public. A reminder that our world has a lot to offer other than war, money, and turmoil. It reminds us to look at what is around us and enjoy what we have. In our mainstream and fast moving society, this piece of art teaches us to step back and take time to understand what it is really about and to truly enjoy what possibilities it creates in each of our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment